- of, like, or relating to the phallus
- of or relating to phallicism
- genital (sense )
Origin of phallicClassical Greek phallikos
- Of, relating to, or resembling a phallus.
- Of or relating to the cult of the phallus as an embodiment of generative power: phallic worship.
- Of or relating to the third stage of psychosexual development in psychoanalytic theory, from about ages three to six, during which gratification is focused on sensations associated with the genital organs. The phallic stage is preceded by the anal stage and followed by the latency period.
Origin of phallicGreek phallikos from phallos phallus ; see phallus .
(comparative more phallic, superlative most phallic)
From phallus (“penis") + -ic.