A grown man who wants to engage in sexual behavior with a 9-year-old boy or girl is an example of a pedophile.
- An adult who is sexually attracted to children. [from 20th c.]
- In the US, the official psychiatric designation for pedophilic disorder (according to the DSM-5) is: "Over a period of at least six months, recurrent, intense, sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child or children."
From pedo- +"Ž -phile, after Ancient Greek Ï€Î±Î¹Î´ÏŒÏ†Î¹Î»Î¿Ï‚ (paidophilos) (from Ï€Î±á¿–Ï‚ (pais, “boy, child") and Ï†Î¹Î»ÎÏ‰ (phileÅ, “I love")).
- If he goes for you then he's (a creep) breaking the law and doing all manner of bad illegal pedophile things.
- An online predator may be a pedophile writing to a teen from their home or even an inmate from a prison.
- The risk of chatting with a "teen" who is actually an adult pedophile is real possibility.