- of or having to do with participation
- allowing or providing for the participation of all members of a group: participatory democracy
The definition of participatory is something that people can take part in.
When everyone is given a chance to vote on the bylaws of an organization, this is an example of a process that would be described as participatory.
Marked by, requiring, or involving participation, especially affording the opportunity for individual participation: a participatory democracy.
(comparative more participatory, superlative most participatory)
- Open to participation.
- The AA is proud to have the benefit of an active and participatory democracy.
- According to an article at WebPro News, blogging and participatory journalism are impacting how public relations are handled.
- It's participatory fandom, a way for fans to interact in the universes they enjoy.
- The world is quickly moving to participatory government.