a type of city-street parking in which a vehicle is parked close to and parallel to the curb, typically between two other similarly parked vehicles
(plural parallel parkings)
- The action of parking a vehicle with its side parallel to the curb or the side of the road.
- A driving technique that facilitates such parking.
- The parallel parking or reverse parking manoeuvre is known for being one of the most difficult and as a result, fails a great many driving tests.
- A space at the side of the road where such parking is allowed.
- Parking lanes are provided in urban lanes for side parking. Parallel parking is preferred to perpendicular and oblique because it is safe for vehicles moving on the road.