pagination definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act of numbering the pages of book, etc.
- the marks of figures with which pages are numbered in sequence
- the arrangement and number of pages as noted in a catalog
Origin: ; from Classical Latin pagina, page plush -tion
pagination definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The system by which pages are numbered.
- The arrangement and number of pages in a book, as noted in a catalog or bibliography.