ogee[ō′jē′, ō jē′]
- a molding having an -shaped curve in profile
- any -shaped curve or line
- an ogee arch
Origin of ogeeMiddle English (pl.) oggez ; from Old French ogive, ogive
- A double curve with the shape of an elongated S.
- A molding having the profile of an S-shaped curve.
- An arch formed by two symmetrical double curves meeting at a point. Also called ogee arch.
Origin of ogeeMiddle English oggifs, ogeus, pl. of ogif, ogive; see ogive.
- (architecture) A double curve in the shape of an elongated S; an object of that shape
- (architecture) A pointed arch made from two ogees
- (mathematics) An inflection point.
- (aesthetic facial surgery) The malar or cheekbone prominence transitioning into the mid-cheek hollow.
- (distillation) The bubble-shaped chamber of a pot still that connects the swan neck to the pot and allows distillate to expand, condense, and fall back into the pot.