ogee[ō′jē′, ō jē′]
ogee definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a molding having an -shaped curve in profile
- any -shaped curve or line
- an ogee arch
Origin: Middle English (pl.) oggez ; from Old French ogive, ogive
ogee definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A double curve with the shape of an elongated S.
- A molding having the profile of an S-shaped curve.
- An arch formed by two S-shaped curves meeting at a point. Also called ogee arch.
Origin: Middle English oggifs, ogeus, pl. of ogif, ogive; see ogive.