- designating or of a form of insurance which covers certain losses of all persons injured, as in an automobile accident, without regard to fault
- designating a form of divorce granted without blame being sought or established
- Of or related to a form of state-mandated automobile insurance that compensates a policy holder who becomes an accident victim, regardless of who is at fault.
- Law Of or related to a type of divorce that is granted without requiring proof of fault or bad conduct on the part of either spouse.
- (chiefly of motor insurance) in which a claimant is compensated for actual economic loss without blame being assigned to a particular party
- (of a divorce) in which neither party is assigned blame
- Aunt Flo
no-fault - Investment & Finance Definition
A legal distinction that doesn’t require opposing parties in a lawsuit or claim to prove who is at fault. No-fault commonly is used in divorce law and for automobile insurance. For auto insurance, each party seeks reimbursement from their own insurance company regardless of who was at fault. No-fault laws vary among states.
no-fault - Legal Definition