- an Asian palm tree (Nipa fruticans) with large bunches of edible fruit and with feathery leaves used in thatching
- thatch or fruit from the nipa
- a liquor made from its sap
Origin of nipaSpanish ; from Malay nipah
- A rhizomatous feather-leaved palm (Nypa fruticans) of tidal rivers of southern Asia and Australia, having long fronds often used for thatching.
- An alcoholic beverage made from the sap of this plant.
Origin of nipaNew Latin, from Malay nipah.
Initialism See also: nipa
- National Income and Product Accounts