nounpl. -·lungs·, -·lung·en
- Gmc. Legend
- any of a race of dwarfs who owned a magic ring and a hoard of gold, which Siegfried took from them
- any of Siegfried's followers
- in the Nibelungenlied, any of the Burgundian kings
Origin of NibelungGerman
- Any of a race of subterranean dwarfs whose hoard of riches and magic ring were taken from them by Siegfried.
- A follower of Siegfried.
- One of the Burgundian kings in the Nibelungenlied.
Origin of NibelungGerman from Middle High German Nibelunc from Old High German Nibulunc, Nibilung