Needn't is defined as need not.
An example of the usage of needn't is, "You needn't buy any more bread; we have plenty here."
Contraction of need not.
- (UK) need not
need +"Ž -n't
- Lynsey decided that marital bliss needn't mean weight gain.
- Saving money on an engagement ring needn't always mean buying a poor quality engagement ring, however, as wonderful engagement rings can often be purchased for low prices if you consider a few key points.
- Exercise programs needn't be onerous, and taking a brisk walk several times a week, going for a cycle ride or an early morning swim are all excellent ways to not only help lose weight, but also tone up the body.
- You needn't worry about anything.
- Jackson had called Consuelo and told her they had plenty of help, so she needn't come.