(plural muwashshahat or tawashih or muwashshahs)
- An ode, a multi-lined strophic verse poem, generally of five stanzas alternating with a refrain.
- A song which uses a (frequently secular) text written in this verse as its lyrics.
- The plural muwashshahat, formed according to Arabic rules, is the plural form most commonly encountered in English texts.
- The plural muwashshahs, formed according to English rules, is the second most common.
- The plural tawashih, also formed according to Arabic rules, is rarely encountered.
From Arabic موشّح (muwaššaḥ, “girdled”) (plural موشـّحات (muwāshshaḥāt) تواشيح (tawāshīḥ))