modus vivendimodus vi·ven·di
- a way of living or of getting along
- a temporary agreement in a dispute pending final settlement; compromise
Origin of modus vivendiClassical Latin
nounpl. modi vivendi
- A manner of living; a way of life.
- A temporary agreement between contending parties pending a final settlement.
Origin of modus vivendiNew Latin modus vīvendī Latin modus mode Latin vīvendī genitive sing. gerund of vīvere to live
- A way of living, especially a working arrangement to allow for coexistence between two parties in spite of differences or unresolved disputes. [from 19th c.]