The definition of modular is designed with standardized units that can be fit together in a variety of ways.
An example of modular used as an adjective is in the phrase "modular furniture," which means furniture made with standard units and parts.
- of a module or modulus
- designating or of units of standardized size, design, construction, etc. that can be arranged or fitted together in a variety of ways
Origin of modularModern Latin modularis
- Of, relating to, or based on a module or modulus.
- Constructed out of usually prefabricated units with standardized dimensions, allowing for easy assembly and flexible arrangement: modular furniture; modular homes.
- Mathematics a. Of or relating to fields having a characteristic greater than zero.b. Of or relating to structured equivalence classes.
- Biology Relating to, exhibiting, or being a pattern of growth in which similar morphological units, called modules, are added repeatedly.
module +"Ž -ar