mm[m, um or other nasalized sound]
- Mm is defined as millimeter.
An example of mm is how someone would shorten the phrase "100 millimeters;" 100 mm.
- Mm is defined as a way to say yes or maybe to a question.
An example of mm is saying you don't know if you'll be going to an event.
- a noncommittal response
- an affirmative response
- the speaker's hesitation before replying to a question or remark
- month in two-digit numeric format, as in: dd/mm/yyyy
- Alternative form of mmm.
- (chemistry) millimole, millimoles
mm - Computer Definition
One one-thousandth (10 -3 , or 1 / 1,000 ) of a meter.Your little fingernail is about 1 mm thick and it grows at a rate of about 1 nm (nanometer) per second. If a nanometer were scaled up to the width of your little fingernail, your fingernail would be about the size of Delaware. See also meter.
mm - Investment & Finance Definition
An abbreviation for million that typically is used in the financial markets. 5MM means 5 million.