- Missis is defined as the woman of a house.
An example of a missis is a wife.
missis definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- one's wife: also used with the
- the mistress of a household: used with the
Origin: altered ; from mistress, Mrs.
missis definition by American Heritage Dictionary
or mis·susnoun Informal
- The mistress of a household.
- Used as a term of reference by a man of his wife.
Origin: Alteration of mistress.