This Italian dish is an example of something that is Mediterranean.
- The definition of Mediterranean is something related to or characteristic of the Mediterranean Sea, the countries bordering the sea or its inhabitants.
Food that comes from a country bordering the Mediterranean Sea is an example of something that would be described as mediterranean.
- Mediterranean is defined as the Mediterranean Sea or a native of a country bordering the Mediterranean Sea.
The largest inland sea, located between Europe, Asia and Africa, is an example of the Mediterranean.
- far from the coast; inland: said of land
- surrounded, or almost surrounded, by land; landlocked: said of water
- of the Mediterranean Sea or nearby regions
- designating or of a physical type of the Caucasoid peoples exemplified by the long-headed, short, olive-skinned people living around the Mediterranean Sea
- ⌂ designating or of a style of furniture made, as through the use of plastic moldings, to simulate the heavy wood, massive lines, and ornate carving of a kind of Renaissance furniture
Origin of Mediterranean; from Classical Latin mediterraneus ; from medius, middle (see mid) + terra, land (see terrain)
Origin of mediterraneanLatin mediterrāneus, inland : medius, middle; see medhyo- in Indo-European roots + terra, land; see ters- in Indo-European roots.