- all the accumulated Jewish tradition concerning the correct Hebrew text of the Holy Scriptures
- the marginal notes on manuscripts of the Holy Scriptures embodying this tradition, compiled from the 2d to the 10th cent.
Origin of MasoraModern Hebrew m?s?r?h, tradition from LHeb m?s?reth
- The body of Judaic tradition relating to correct textual reading of the Hebrew scriptures.
- The critical notes made on manuscripts of the Hebrew scriptures before the tenth century, which embody this tradition.
Origin of MasoraHebrew māsôrâ from māsar to hand over msr
- A Jewish critical work on the text of the Hebrew Scriptures, composed by several learned rabbis of the school of Tiberias, in the eighth and ninth centuries.
New Hebrew. mÄsrÄh traditionah.