- the art or process of staining or veining like marble, as the decoration of book edges in marblelike patterns
- a streaked, veined, or mottled appearance like that of marble: a marbling of fat in beef
See marbling in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A mottling or streaking that resembles marble.
- The process or operation of giving something the surface appearance of marble.
- The decorative imitation of marble patterns printed on page edges and endpapers of books.
- Flecks or thin strips of fat, especially when evenly distributed in a cut of meat.
Learn more about marbling