Origin of mammogramfrom mamma + -o- + -gram
A woman about to receive a mammogram.
The definition of a mammogram is an x-ray image of the human breast, used to see if there are any abnormalities in the breast.
An example of a mammogram is an annual x-ray given to a woman to exam her breasts or breast implants.
- An image of the breast produced by mammography.
- The procedure performed to produce such an image.
- Although women do complain that it's uncomfortable, a mammogram takes only about 10 minutes and could save your life.If you don't have insurance, visit the National Breast Cancer Early Detection Program and click on "Find a Local Program."
- A mammogram is a simple X-ray test designed to rule out breast cancer.
- Women over 40 should have a mammogram every one to two years.