noun pl. mahoganies
- any of a genus (Swietenia) of tropical trees of the mahogany family, with dark, heavy heartwood
- the wood of any of these trees; esp., the hard, reddish-brown to yellow wood of a tropical American tree (S. mahogani), valued for furniture, interior finishing, and cabinetwork
- any of various trees of this family having similar wood, as any of several African trees (genus Khaya)
- any of various trees of other families having similar wood, as a Philippine mahogany or certain eucalyptus trees
- the wood of any of these trees
- reddish brown
earlier mohogeney < ?