- Now Rare
- lecherous; lustful; lewd
- greedy or eager, esp. to eat or taste
- Obsolete tempting the appetite
Origin of lickerishaltered ; from lickerous ; from Middle English lykerous ; from Anglo-French form of Old French lecheros
- Lascivious; lecherous.
- Greedy; desirous.
- a. Archaic Relishing good food.b. Obsolete Arousing hunger; appetizing.
Origin of lickerishMiddle English likerous, perhaps from Old French lecheor, lekier; see lecher.
(comparative more lickerish, superlative most lickerish)
- Eager; craving; urged by desire; eager to taste or enjoy; greedy.
- Lecherous; lustful.
- Tempting the appetite; dainty.