- Now Rare
- lecherous; lustful; lewd
- greedy or eager, esp. to eat or taste
- Obs. tempting the appetite
Origin of lickerishaltered from lickerous from Middle English lykerous from Anglo-French form of Old French lecheros
- Lascivious; lecherous.
- Greedy; desirous.
- a. Archaic Relishing good food.b. Obsolete Arousing hunger; appetizing.
Origin of lickerishMiddle English likerous perhaps from Old French lecheor, lekier ; see lecher .
(comparative more lickerish, superlative most lickerish)
- Eager; craving; urged by desire; eager to taste or enjoy; greedy.
- Lecherous; lustful.
- Tempting the appetite; dainty.