- The definition of lenticular is shaped like a lens or resembling a lens.
An example of something lenticular is the lens of an eye.
- shaped like a lentil or biconvex lens
- of a lens
- of the lens of the eye
- designating or of a projection screen made up of a series of small cylindrical lenses set on the surface: the screen is very bright over a wide angle of viewing
Origin of lenticularClassical Latin lenticularis ; from lenticula: see lentil
- Shaped like a biconvex lens.
- Of or relating to a lens.
Origin of lenticularLatin lenticulāris, lentil-shaped, from lenticula, lentil; see lentil.
lenticular cloud over
(comparative more lenticular, superlative most lenticular)
- A lenticular image.
- A lenticular galaxy.
From Latin lenticulāris (“lentil-shaped”), from lēns (“a lentil”).