The definition of ill prepared is the state of not being equipped or ready for something.
An example of ill prepared is a person who doesn't have candles or a flashlight when the power goes out.
not properly prepared; poorly prepared
(comparative more ill-prepared, superlative most ill-prepared)
From ill- +"Ž prepared.
- Using notes seems ill-prepared and disrespectful: being asked to serve as best man is an honor, and having the speech memorized so it can be delivered without reading or consulting notes honors the couple and the occasion.
- Some will find themselves ill-prepared to meet the needs of their new charge, become discouraged with the amount of care and training needed, and end up dropping the dog off at a shelter.
- Some people would say that engaged couples are ill-prepared for the inevitable ups and downs that come with married life.
- But when, owing to the disorganization of the army through emigration and desertion, the ill-prepared Belgian war was followed by invasion and the trouble in La Vende roc~e,d~ increased, all France suspected a betrayal.
- Even so, she was ill-prepared for Ed's response.