histology[his täl′ə jē]
- The definition of histology is the study of the microscopic structure of animal or plant tissues.
The study of human tissue is an example of histology.
- the branch of biology concerned with the microscopic study of the structure of tissues
- the tissue structure of an organism or part, as revealed by microscopic study
Origin of histologyhisto- + -logy
- The anatomical study of the microscopic structure of animal and plant tissues.
- The microscopic structure of tissue.
- his′to·log′i·cal , his′to·log′ic
(countable and uncountable, plural histologies)
histo- + -logy