- The definition of histology is the study of the microscopic structure of animal or plant tissues.
The study of human tissue is an example of histology.
- the branch of biology concerned with the microscopic study of the structure of tissues
- the tissue structure of an organism or part, as revealed by microscopic study
Origin: histo- plush -logy
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. his·tol·o·gies
- The anatomical study of the microscopic structure of animal and plant tissues.
- The microscopic structure of tissue.
- hisˌto·logˈi·cal , hisˌto·logˈic adjective
- hisˌto·logˈi·cal·ly adverb
- his·tolˈo·gist noun
histology - Medical Definition
- histological , hisˌto·logˈic adjective
- histologist noun
histology - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.