- A thing having seven parts or divisions.
- (chemistry, dated) A seven-unit oligomer.
- 2007, Translator's notes in: Hermann von Helmholtz, On the Sensations of Tone, page 437, ISBN 1602066396.
- As 301 = 7 × 43, he called each degree a heptameride, which he made = .03987 of an (equal) Semitone.
- 2008, Patrizio Barbieri, Enharmonic: Instruments and Music 1470-1900, page 378, ISBN 8895203143.
- Sauveur stresses that the difference between the pure 5th (176 heptamerides) and the tempered 5th (175) is equal to 1: so the temperaments of all the other intervals will also be multiples of 1: