An example of to glug is a marathon runner drinking large quantities of water after crossing the finish line.
intransitive verbglugged, glug′ging
Origin of glugechoic
- a glugging sound
- a large gulp of liquid
- The sound made when a liquid is poured out of a jug or bottle.
- The amount of liquid issued from a jug or bottle when the "glug" sound is heard.
- "Pour a glug of bleach into the toilet for good infection control."
(third-person singular simple present glugs, present participle glugging, simple past and past participle glugged)
- To quickly swallow liquid.
- He had glugged that glass of wine before she got a chance to introduce herself.