- of Gascony or its people or culture
- [g-] like or characteristic of this people, reputed to be boastful
Origin of GasconFrench from Classical Latin Vasco (gen. Vasconis), a Basque
- a person born or living in Gascony
- [g-] a boaster; swaggerer
A boastful person; a braggart.
Origin of gasconFrom Gascon ( from the traditional stereotype of Gascons as braggarts )
- A native or inhabitant of Gascony.
- The Romance language of Gascony, sometimes considered a dialect of Occitan.
Of or relating to Gascony, the Gascons, or their language or culture.
Origin of GasconFrench from Latin Vasconēs the Basques
- A native or inhabitant of Gascony, a region of southwest France. [from 14th c.]
- Of or relating to Gascony.
- The dialect of the Occitan language spoken in Gascony.