- Having one or more gables.
Variant of gable
- the triangular wall enclosed by the sloping ends of a ridged roof
- popularly the whole section, including wall, roof, and space enclosed
- the end wall of a building, the upper part of which is a gable
- Archit. a triangular decorative feature, such as that over a door or window
Origin of gableMiddle English ; from Old French ; from Germanic as in Old Norse gafl, gable, akin to German giebel ; from Indo-European base an unverified form ghebhel-, gable, head from source Classical Greek kephalē