- fur used for trimming or lining
- the act of trimming, lining, etc. with fur
- a coating of diseased or waste matter, as on the tongue
- the fastening of thin strips of wood or metal as to joists, studs, or masonry walls in order to form a level backing for flooring, plaster, etc. or to provide air spaces
- the strips so used
See furring in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Trimming or lining made of fur.
- A furlike coating, as on the tongue.
a. The preparation of a wall, ceiling, or floor with strips of wood or metal to provide a level substratum for plaster, flooring, or another surface or to create an air space.
b. Strips of material used in this process.
Learn more about furring