- of or living in water that is not salty
- accustomed to sailing only on inland waters, not on the sea: a freshwater sailor
- in or of the hinterland; inland
- ☆ somewhat provincial or obscure: a freshwater college
See freshwater in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Of, relating to, living in, or consisting of water that is not salty: freshwater fish; freshwater lakes.
- Situated away from the sea; inland.
- Nautical Accustomed to sailing on inland waters only: a freshwater sailor.
Learn more about freshwater