forecourt definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a court at the front of a building
- ☆ Basketball the half of the court which contains the basket toward which the ball is shot in attempting to score
- Tennis, Badminton, etc. the part of the court nearest the net
forecourt definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A courtyard in front of a building.
- Sports The part of a court nearest the net or wall, as in tennis or handball.