flyblown definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- full of flies' eggs or larvae; maggoty
- contaminated; spoiled; tainted
- Informal shabby, dingy, disreputable, etc.
flyblown definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Contaminated with flyblows.
- a. Tainted; corrupt: a flyblown reputation.b. Dirty or rundown; squalid: a flyblown bar on the edge of town.
Variant of flyblow
a blowfly's egg or larva