- Independent city in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany.
- GLUCKSBURG, a town of Germany, in the Prussian province of Schleswig-Holstein, romantically situated among pine woods on the Flensburg Fjord off the Baltic, 6 m.
- From Flensburg by rail.
- HANS NANSEN (1598-1667), Danish statesman, son of the burgher Evert Nansen, was born at Flensburg on the 28th of November 1598.
- HANS LASSEN MARTENSEN (1808-1884), Danish divine, was born at Flensburg on the 19th of August 1808.
- FLENSBURG (Danish, Flensborg), a seaport of Germany, in the Prussian province of Schleswig-Holstein, at the head of the Flensburg Fjord, 20 m.