- an endoscope used to examine a fetus in the womb
- a special stethoscope used to listen to the fetal heartbeat
- A flexible fiber-optic device used to view a fetus in utero.
- A stethoscope designed for listening to a fetal heartbeat.
- Following detailed ultrasound, a thin fetoscope is inserted through the mother's abdominal and uterine walls and into the amniotic cavity of the recipient twin to examine the surface placental vessels.
- Prior to electronic gadgetry a special stethoscope was used, called a fetoscope, which is rarely seen as of 2004 because it requires more skill to use.
- Small surgical openings are made in the uterus, and a tiny fiber optic fetoscope is inserted to guide the operation.