seaport & resort in Cornwall, SW England, on an inlet (Falmouth Bay) of the English Channel
- A municipality name.
- At Falmouth he wrote his Laboratorium portabile and at Truro the Alphabetum minerale.
- There are many pleasant drives along the shore of the bay or the banks of rivers, and some of these lead to popular resorts, such as Riverton Park, on the Presumpscot; Cape Cottage Park, at the mouth of the harbour; and Falmouth Foreside, bordering the inner bay.
- The peninsula portion of Falmouth was incorporated as a distinct town in 1786 and was named Portland.
- Of Falmouth, on a branch of the Great Western railway.
- SAMUEL PRIDEAU X TREGELLES (1813-1875), English theologian, was born at Wodehouse Place, near Falmouth, on the 30th of January 1813.