- a kind of drawnwork or hemstitch with wide spaces
- openwork decoration in which the thread is drawn in crisscross or barlike stitches across the open seam
- A method of decorating cloth by pulling out horizontal threads and tying the remaining vertical threads into hourglass-shaped bunches.
- A method of joining hemmed edges by crisscrossing thread over an open seam.
- A stitch in knitting that creates an open pattern.
- The decoration, seam, or pattern created by such a method or stitch.
- Present participle of fagot.