ethnomusicology[et̸h′nō myo̵̅o̅′zi käl′ə jē]
ethnomusicology definition by Webster's New World
- the study of the music of a particular region and its sociocultural implications, esp. of music outside the European art tradition
- the comparative study of the music of different cultural groups
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- ethnomusicologist noun
ethnomusicology definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The scientific study of music, especially traditional or non-Western music, as an aspect of culture.
- The comparative study of music of different cultures.
- ethˌno·muˌsi·co·logˈi·cal adjective
- ethˌno·muˌsi·colˈo·gist noun