- Epicenter is defined as the central point of something, or the point of the Earth's surface right above the focus of an earthquake.
- The central point of an earthquake is an example of an epicenter.
- A troubled child who is the central point of his parents concern is an example of an epicenter of concern.
- The point on the earth's surface directly above the focus of an earthquake.
- The focal point of a usually harmful or unpleasant phenomenon or event; the center: stood at the epicenter of the international crisis.
- (US) Alternative spelling of epicentre.