- The central point of an earthquake is an example of an epicenter.
- A troubled child who is the central point of his parents concern is an example of an epicenter of concern.
Epicenter is defined as the central point of something, or the point of the Earth's surface right above the focus of an earthquake.
- the area of the earth's surface directly above the place of origin, or focus, of an earthquake
- a focal or central point
Origin of epicenter; from Modern Latin epicentrum ; from epi- + Classical Latin centrum, center
- The point on the earth's surface directly above the focus of an earthquake.
- The focal point of a usually harmful or unpleasant phenomenon or event; the center: stood at the epicenter of the international crisis.
- (US) Alternative spelling of epicentre.
- ground zero