The embalmed body of the saintly founder is to be seen to this day in a side chapel of the church.
The body of Gustavus Adolphus was embalmed at Weissenfels after the battle of Lutzen.
The body was embalmed and filled with aromatic herbs, and then brought to this region, passing through the lands of various tribes.
In 1808 there was discovered in the abbey church, embalmed in a silver casket, still preserved there, bearing his name and arms, the heart of Edward, Lord Bruce of Kinloss, who was killed in August 1613 near Bergen-op-Zoom in a duel with Sir Edward Sackville, afterwards earl of Dorset.
His heart, taken from the body when it was embalmed, and given to Madame Denis and by her to Madame de Villette, was preserved in a silver case, and when it was proposed (in 1864) to restore it to the other remains, the sarcophagus at Sainte Genevieve (the Pantheon) was opened and found to be empty.