Pain in the ear; otalgia.
- (pathology) A pain in the middle or inner ear.
- Any child who reports an earache or a sense of fullness in the ear, especially if combined with a prior upper respiratory tract infection, or fever, should be evaluated by a physician.
- LMT. Chinese Massage for Infants and Children: Traditional Techniques for Alleviating Colic, Teething Pain, Earache, and Other Common Childhood Conditions.
- Symptoms may include an earache or severe pain in the ear or a sudden decrease in ear pain followed by drainage of clear, bloody, or pus-filled fluid.
- Some also claim that ear candling improves hearing, relieves sinus infections, cures earache or swimmer's ear, stops tinnitus, or purifies the mind.
- Symptoms can also include fever, chills, tiredness, muscle aches, earache, pain or discomfort when swallowing, and swollen glands in the neck.