- of Doris or its people, language, or culture
- designating or of a classical (Greek or Roman) order of architecture, distinguished by simplicity of form, esp. by fluted columns with simple capitals
Origin of DoricClassical Latin Doricus ; from Classical Greek D?rikos
- the Greek dialect of Doris
- a rustic English dialect as contrasted with Standard English
- Of, relating to, characteristic of, or designating Doric.
- In the style of or designating the Doric order.
Origin of DoricLatin D&omacron;ricus, from Greek D&omacron;rikos, from D&omacron;ris, Doris.
From Ancient Greek Δωρικός (Dōrikos, “related to Dorians”).