- of Doris or its people, language, or culture
- designating or of a classical (Greek or Roman) order of architecture, distinguished by simplicity of form, esp. by fluted columns with simple capitals
Origin of DoricClassical Latin Doricus ; from Classical Greek Dōrikos
- the Greek dialect of Doris
- a rustic English dialect as contrasted with Standard English
A dialect of ancient Greek spoken in the Peloponnesus, Crete, certain of the Aegean Islands, Sicily, and southern Italy.
- Of, relating to, characteristic of, or designating Doric.
- In the style of or designating the Doric order.
Origin of DoricLatin Dōricus, from Greek Dōrikos, from Dōris, Doris.