- a slow, easy trot, like a dog's
- ☆ Chiefly South a covered passageway between two parts of a building
- A steady trot like that of a dog.
- Chiefly Southern US A roofed passage between two parts of a structure.
intransitive verbdog·trot·ted, dog·trot·ting, dog·trots
To move at a steady trot.
(third-person singular simple present dogtrots, present participle dogtrotting, simple past and past participle dogtrotted)
- To move at the pace of a dogtrot
(comparative more dogtrot, superlative most dogtrot)
- (Southern US) The design or form of house with an open breezeway or hallway between two sections of a house