- Scot. a thin slice of turf used as for roofing
- Golf a lump of turf dislodged by a player's club in making a stroke
Origin of divotScottish dialect, dialectal ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps
- A piece of turf torn up by a golf club in striking a ball, or by a horse's hoof.
- Scots A thin square of turf or sod used for roofing.
Origin of divotScots, a turf.
- A torn up piece of turf (e.g. by a golf club in making a stroke or by a horse's hoof).
- A disruption in an otherwise smooth contour.