diggings definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- materials dug out
- a place where digging or mining, esp. gold mining, is done
- place, or locality
- one's lodging or quarters
diggings definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- An excavation site, as for digging or mining ore, metals, or precious stones.
- Materials that have been excavated.
- Chiefly British Rooms; lodgings.