depositary[dē päz′ə ter′ē, di-]
- a person, firm, etc. entrusted with something for safekeeping; trustee
- a storehouse; depository
Origin of depositaryLate Latin depositarius ; from Classical Latin depositum: see deposit
- One entrusted with something for preservation or safekeeping.
- A depository.
- Acting as the trusted recipient of a deposit
- The hospital was the depositary institution of our monies.
- One who receives a deposit in trust
- A place where deposits are kept
From Late Latin depositarius