- consisting of or including ten
- ten times as much or as many; tenfold
Origin of decupleMiddle English from Classical Latin decuplus from decem, ten + -plus, -fold
transitive verb-·pled, -·pling
- Consisting of ten parts or members.
- Ten times as much in size, strength, number, or amount.
intr. & tr.v.dec·u·pled, dec·u·pling, dec·u·ples
Origin of decupleMiddle English from Old French from Late Latin decuplus Latin decem ten ; see dek&mlowring; in Indo-European roots.Latin -plus -fold ; see pel-2 in Indo-European roots.
- (archaic) tenfold
- (archaic) An amount multiplied by ten.
(third-person singular simple present decuples, present participle decupling, simple past and past participle decupled)
- (archaic) To multiply by ten.