- The definition of a decoder is a person or tool that figures out a scrambled message.
An example of a decoder is a machine that figures out the letter equivalent of a message written in all numbers.
- a person who decodes messages
- a device that decodes scrambled messages sent by telephone
- in an electronic digital computer, a circuit device that determines the content of a given instruction or performs digital-to-analog conversion
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One that decodes.
- A device that decodes a scrambled electronic signal to make it interpretable.
decoder - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
decoder - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.