transitive verb-·brat·ed, -·brat·ing
transitive verbde·cer·e·brat·ed, de·cer·e·brat·ing, de·cer·e·brates
- Deprived of cerebral function, as by having the cerebrum removed.
- Resulting from or as if from decerebration: decerebrate rigidity; decerebrate movements.
- Lacking intelligence or reason.
- (biology) Having the cerebrum removed
(third-person singular simple present decerebrates, present participle decerebrating, simple past and past participle decerebrated)
- To remove the cerebrum in order to eliminate brain function
de- + cerebrate