Cypriot definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
of Cyprus or its peoples, languages, or cultures
- a person born or living in Cyprus
- the variety of Greek spoken in Cyprus
Cypriot definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A native or inhabitant of Cyprus. Also called Cyprian.
- The ancient or modern Greek dialect of Cyprus.
- Of or relating to Cyprus or its people or culture.
- Of or relating to Cypriot Greek.
Origin: French cypriote, from Greek Kupriōtēs, from Kupros, Cyprus.