- CPI is defined as an abbreviation for the Consumer Price Index, a measure of inflation taken monthly by the U.S. Department of Commerce, that reports price changes in over 200 categories including the costs of products, services and taxes.
An example of the CPI is a Chained CPI which is cutting an entitement, such as Social Security, by using a measurement that shows a slower rate of inflation than used in other CPI inflation measurements.
- Consumer Price Index
- Crash Position Indicator - a deployable type of Emergency Locator Transmitter - see Wikipedia distress radiobeacon
cpi - Computer Definition
(1) See continuous process improvement.
(2) (Characters Per Inch) The measurement of the density of characters per inch on tape or paper. A printer's CPI button switches character pitch.
(3) (Counts Per Inch) The measurement of the resolution of a mouse/trackball as flywheel notches per inch (horizontal and vertical flywheels rotate as the ball is moved). Notches are converted to cursor movement.
cpi - Investment & Finance Definition
See consumer price index.