An example of the CPI is a Chained CPI which is cutting an entitement, such as Social Security, by using a measurement that shows a slower rate of inflation than used in other CPI inflation measurements.
- Consumer Price Index
- Crash Position Indicator - a deployable type of Emergency Locator Transmitter - see Wikipedia distress radiobeacon
cpi - Computer Definition
(1) See continuous process improvement.
(2) (Characters Per Inch) The measurement of the density of characters per inch on tape or paper. A printer's CPI button switches character pitch.
(3) (Counts Per Inch) The measurement of the resolution of a mouse/trackball as flywheel notches per inch (horizontal and vertical flywheels rotate as the ball is moved). Notches are converted to cursor movement.
cpi - Investment & Finance Definition
See consumer price index.
- CPI developed the technology that allows customers to see their portraits immediately after having the shot taken.
- CPI employees must be at least 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the United States.
- CPI hires associates, studio managers and district managers to work in Sears Portrait Studios.
- Sears Portrait Studio employeess work for CPI rather than for Sears Holdings Corporation.
- Sears Portrait Studios are owned by CPI Corp, which is based in St. Louis, MO.